Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Italicize the stuff that you eat and went nuts over
5) underline the stuff you hated.
1. Venison - also reindeer, but I liked venison better, and venison sausage is heaven.
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari - in all truth, I might like it in other than breaded and deep-fried ring style. You know how much you hate perfectly lovely lemonade simply because what you thought you were putting into your mouth was milk? Well, that's what happened to me the first time I met calamari in Spain. I was expecting southern-Indiana style breaded onion rings. Haven't been able to eat calamari since.
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses - (I'm not sure. I've had a lot of different cheeses throught Europe, and this could be one of several put on a cheese plate.)
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras - but is it now on my verbotten list. Principles suck, sometimes.
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese - in Spain it's called "boar's head."
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi (sweet, yes. salted, no)
35. Root beer float - Mom was a soda jerk in the '40's. She made the best floats. (the secret is to mix a small bit of the ice cream with a small bit of the soda, first; then add the rest of the ice cream and soda.
36. Cognac with a fat cigar will never, ever smoke anything.
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
41. Curried goat (if you'll take curried lamb as a substitute? It is a recognized variant.)
42. Whole insects (I'll try them under certain circumstances which I have not yet encountered.)
44. Goat’s milk I prefer goat cheeses, too.
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more- wasted on me; I don't like whiskey
46. Fugu I'm much too cowardly, and fish doesn't excite me enough to take the risk.
47. Chicken tikka masala
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
60. Carob chips
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake (all of the above.)
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe - wasted on me; I was all of 12 and hated all alcohol
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill (pheasant my mom hit in South Dakota as a kid)
77. Hostess Fruit Pie (apple or lemon)
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum the version with coconut milk
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant.
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare (rabbit, but not hare) (same)
88. Flowers love violets in salad. want to try day lilies.
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano not sure what you mean, since the default mole is poblano, but in the US poblano mole sometimes means something different.
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
[mood is aggravated because this took an eternity to do. LJ keeps adding HTML code *I* did not ask for!]